Get my newsletter, usually once a week – it features long-form essays on what’s going on here in Silicon Valley.
I’ve written 650+ essays which have been featured and quoted in The New York Times, Fortune, Wired, and WSJ. The topics range from mobile product design to fundraising to user growth.
Here’s one message you want. Chen’s weekly newsletter offers thoughtful essays on startups and marketing from a true Silicon Valley insider.
– Wired Magazine
One of the best entrepreneurship blogs of all time.
– Eric Ries, The Lean Startup
I go to Andrew to learn more about the latest methods for building and retaining web audiences. There’s no one who knows more about it.
– Mitchell Kapor, Kapor Capital, Lotus Development
PPS. Or, check out some of my best essays below or see the full list of featured essays.
- Mobile app startups are failing like it’s 1999
- Why developers are leaving the Facebook platform
- Growth Hacker is the new VP Marketing
- New college grads: Don’t sell your time for a living
- Mobile traction is getting harder, not easier. Here’s why.
- The highest ROI way to increase signups: Make a minimal homepage
- The Law of Shitty Clickthroughs
- The critical metrics for each stage of your SaaS business
- Why you can’t find a technical co-founder
- Facebook viral marketing: When and why do apps “jump the shark?”
- How to calculate cost-per-acquisition for startups relying on freemium, subscription, or virtual items biz models
- I’m a Google Glass skeptic and think it’ll be the next Apple Newton
- What’s your viral loop? Understanding the engine of adoption
- 5 factors that determine your advertising CPM rates
- What factors influence DAU/MAU? Nature versus nurture
- How to create a profitable Freemium startup (spreadsheet model included!)
- After the Techcrunch bump: Life in the Trough of Sorrow
- Social network marketing: Getting from zero to critical mass
- How to start a professional blog: 10 tips for new bloggers
- Why low-fidelity prototyping kicks butt for customer-driven design
- Minimum Desirable Product